Wednesday 28 January 2015

Sepia Saturday 264 : 31 January 2015


We are sailing down the river of memories and have called in port to view this old archive photograph of Tonsberg in Norway which is brought to us by the Flickr Commons stream of VESTFOLDMUSEENE, NORWAY. For the sepia themes amongst us there is a dockyard of potential themes : harbours, boats, warehouses and the whole concept of looking down on things. Whatever theme you choose to go with - or even if you are themeless and fancy-free - all you have to do is to post your post on or around Saturday 31st January 2015 and add a link to the list below. Before you take an overview of your archive images, have a sneak preview of the themes that are just around the bend in the great Sepia River.

265 : Arts, crafts, potters and classrooms

266 : Happy Valentine's Day

267 : Large and Small and Radio Broadcasting

Such things are for the future. For the moment we can return to looking down on the world as we pick a photo for Sepia Saturday 264





17 comments:

Jofeath said...

Posting early as I'm away for a few days and may not have wifi access, but I do right now.

diane b said...

Hope its okay to use an old post.

ScotSue said...

A bird's eye view over sea and mountains.

La Nightingail said...

Looking down brought many memories!

Anonymous said...

Farewelling a liner dockside then a bit of a ramble.

Postcardy said...

I have bird's eye views of Minneapolis and the Mississippi River.

Anonymous said...

I"m sharing Uncle Charles of the silk top hat and the origins of elastic. Aren't you excited?

Mike Brubaker said...

I wasn't sure what to post this weekend as my collection has nothing remotely like the theme image. But I do have something musical that is Norwegian.

Kristin said...

A downhill view of Athens Tennessee, my great grandfather's obituary and what I found about the minister who officiated at his funeral - Rev. John Brice.

Alan Burnett said...

A journey from the Norfolk Broads to Tonsberg for me this week

Unknown said...

Looking down at 1942 Rio de Janeiro from my father's airplane...

Barbara Rogers said...

Here's honoring an ancestor who lived in Galveston TX (part of a series on that town where so many of my family lived)

DougVernX said...

If you're into warships, I've got a few. Happy weekend everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is a wonderful program. I've been admiring the photos being shared. Even though the badge reads January 31, will I be able to post my photo on tomorrow? That's when my genealogy blog launches. Otherwise, I can post on my general blog today. Thanks.

Joan said...

Hi, Sepians, Good to be back at the computer and Sepia Saturday.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I'm so late trying to catch up from being away from home for six weeks. I'd skip this one as I had little to offer, but I'm very drawn to the mental challenge of making something out of nothing.

Rosie said...

Lady jeweler, plying her trade in a little country shop in Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick.