Tuesday 10 June 2014

Sepia Saturday 232 : 14 June 2014


It's one thing on top of another. It's straight lines fading into infinity. It's the stations of the cross. It's whatever you want it to be. Yes, we are back to our theme image this week after our experiment with our "Open Theme" last week. It is surprising how many people (myself included) found the open theme more difficult than the theme image. It just goes to prove something about how we are more comfortable being kept on the rails. Which brings me to our theme image for this week : a picture of Claremorris Railway Station which comes from the Flickr stream of the National Library of Ireland. You can interpret it as you choose or, as always, you can declare your own Open Theme Week here on Sepia Saturday. All you have to do is to post your post on or around Saturday 14th June and link it to the list below. And whilst you wait for the train to arrive you might like to think about what is down the Sepia Saturday line.

233 : Celebrate with me the wedding of my son, Alexander by posting your wedding themed images.

234 : Reflections on paddling in the lake or sea

235 : Greetings and handshakes : pipes and politicians

These things are on the timetable for the future. But stand clear of the platform, this week's Sepia Saturday Express is about to arrive.






17 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Last week without a prompt to follow, I struggled to come up with something. This week, with a fine prompt, I came up with too much and had to edit like crazy!

Little Nell said...

Posting early as I have my daughter visiting for a few days. Follow my ‘Train of Thought’.

tony said...

Pleasant & Correct :)

violet s said...

I didn't mind not having a prompt, but it is fun to see how everyone interprets a theme. Then again, I am very new to this group.

Postcardy said...

I have a LOT of railroad postcards, so I had trouble deciding on a topic. I ended up deciding to focus more on a trip to Glacier Park.

Wendy said...

My granddaddy's cab company 1950s

Anonymous said...

This week I left the family album to go and visit the State Library of Victoria.

Bob Scotney said...

I intended this for last week's open theme but events conspired against me. However it also fits for this week too.

Mike Brubaker said...

Another perfect theme that let's me feature a super street view postcard and a followup to an old story too.

Jofeath said...

A little history this week about my local train station.

Nancy said...

Thanks for the opportunity to choose our own topic this week. I can't decide if you all like to read about the same thing every week or if you just like writing and posting based on a theme. I thought last week's variety was great fun. I'm adding a little variety this week, too.

Boobook said...

My great grandmother operated the railway gates.

anyjazz said...

A transportation catalog illustrated with old, rescued
photographs.

Sensible Footwear said...

October 1965

DougVernX said...

I almost missed the train on this post! :)

Anonymous said...

I sort of got off track, literally, this week.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Better last than not at all. The week was a train wreck for me.