Monday 5 May 2014

Sepia Saturday 227 : 10 May 2014


Who says Sepia Saturday participants are not given enough choice when it comes to our weekly theme? For Sepia Saturday 227 (post your posts on or around Saturday 10th May 2014) you can build your contribution from anything from A to Z and if that doesn't inspire you there are sisters, wicker garden furniture and even creepers to help you find an old photo and some new memories. Our theme photograph dates from around 1884 and is part of the National Library of Ireland stream on Flickr Commons. My thanks to Marilyn for looking after things last week (without all her efforts, Sepia Saturday would come tumbling down like a pile of wooden building bricks) and for choosing this interesting theme.

Here is a quick look forward to see what we have coming during the rest of the month.

228 : sand, sandbags, sailor-suits, beachcombing, pilfering!

229 : school dorms, famous beds, pennants

Anyway, Before you Can Do 228 and 229, Each one of our Followers has Got to Have a go at 227,  .... oh, that's enough of that. Just post your posts, add a link to the list below and be careful not to knock over that pile of bricks over there.




18 comments:

ScotSue said...

Two little girls, (my mother and aunt) with the dresses, bootees, garden and even a wicker chair to match the prompt.

Postcardy said...

I have postcards advertising wicker porch furniture.

Barbara Rogers said...

Old photos of 2 people, but not exactly like the topic. Sorry, but the 2 potters in the family was something that seemed worth sharing. Second shot is outside on a patio!

La Nightingail said...

I just kept finding sisters after sisters and didn't know when to stop, I'm afraid!

Wendy said...

Wicker furniture here -- I'm heading to a conference so may not get around to visiting and commenting until later so don't feel obligated to visit me.

Jofeath said...

Wicker prams must have been fashionable in the 1920s - 1930s!

Alan Burnett said...

Back home to Sepia Saturday, cold winds, rainy skies and walking Amy the Dog.

Little Nell said...

Away from home and posting one I prepared earlier, so I may not be commenting on other Sepians' posts for a few days.

Mike Brubaker said...

Sisters but more than two. Musical of course.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I loved those wooden alphabet blocks but couldn't find any photos of them. All the posts are great this week...it was hard to find anything up to snuff.

DougVernX said...

OK, so my post has nothing that I can see in connection to this week's prompt photo. But if you can find one I welcome all responses! :)

Anonymous said...

The wife sits at home in a cane chair while hubby goes out and does interesting things.

Kristin said...

A sweet girl graduate from 1919 Kalamazoo, MI.

Boobook said...

Like Helen I looked for wooden blocks in my photos and failed. But I did find some cute little girls.

Anonymous said...

Also away from home but scanned the photos before we left of some rather stylish sisters.

Tattered and Lost said...

Bring dental floss to get the mud out from between your teeth.

Alex Daw said...

Wicker - pedia?

Jackie van Bergen said...

Just scraped in again - almost got our WWI book off to the designers for layout!
Fun and games at the tables for me!