Thursday 26 August 2010

Sepia Saturday 38

What is it about old photographs we love so much? It is their ability to transport us back through time. It is the way they offer us an insight into people and places. It is the way we can analyse them, divide them up into invisible squares and ring every last drop of detail out of them. Leslie Ann (Ancestors Live Here) gave us a great example of this latter attribute in her post last week. Her photograph was taken in the house of her grandparents and Leslie Ann took us on a tour of the room and its contents. It was almost like one of those early computerised books where you could click on an object and it would tell you more about it.

Sepia Saturday Week 38 (around and about Saturday 28th August 2010) gives you an opportunity to travel through time, get insights into people and places and analyse to your hearts' content. All you need to do us to put together a post based around an old photograph (it doesn't have to be sepia) and add a link to the list below. Everyone is invited along.

18 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

It's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, so think of me being very late for 37 rather than early for 38.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I have got mine in early this week.

DougVernX said...

I'm in early this week too. Sepia Saturday is cool!

Jo said...

I'm a wee bit early too :-) couldn't resist when I found "the" photo

Tattered and Lost said...

Featuring a photo I've had for many years. A strangely haunting shot of an old house with two young girls. It provides a visual example as to why I call my site Tattered and Lost.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

As I live on an other continent I am later. School
Photos 1910 and 1951. I hope you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to be a part of SS 38! I'm continuing my exploration of an antique photo album found it an antique shop.

Norkio

Unknown said...

This is early and brief for me as I am battling some kind of "bug"

Unknown said...

oops I reentered thinking it did not take the first time....sorry and 'scuse the duplicate...It's the bug!

Unknown said...

I got bugs in my computer too. I be glad when and if they wear themselves out. Glad new folks are joining.
QMM

Jinksy said...

Blogland has enough bugs to drive us all to drink! But I think they've let me post today. Whether they will let me visit others, is an unknown at present! LOL :)

PattyF said...

It's been a while since I've participated in SS. It's good to be back!

tony said...

I,m In!

broken biro said...

I haven't linked in to SS before but I've often seen Jinksy and Martin(?)'s entries... I thought they actually had to be sepia!

Anyway - this is my mum and dad 50 years ago, aren't they gorgeous?

Your Genetic Genealogist said...

I'm a little behind in everything due to a migraine, but here is my post for today. Better late than never!

dakotaboo said...

A bit late for Sepia Saturday 38 but have only just got back from holiday. This week's theme from me is (sepia) storms ... very appropriate today in the UK.

a Vintage Cottage said...

Thank you so much for having this sepia Saturday, it gives mw so many places to visit, and it's fun!

Jinksy said...

Only just made it before Sunday arrived!