Thursday 15 July 2010

Sepia Saturday : Week 32

Whilst we still have many new participants taking part in Sepia Saturday, the number of people taking part each week seems to have peaked, which - in many ways - is a welcome thing. It means that the project remains manageable : when you come to visit other participants you are not faced with an impossibly long list. You can take your time, read the posts at your leisure, and make comments that are meaningful rather than superficial. Feedback on comments often opens up discussion which adds a new dimension to creative blogging.

I got into one such discussion last week with Tattered and Lost whose blogs feature - amongst other things - ephemera and vernacular photography. We talked about how you embark on an adventure when you begin to bring one of these old photographs to life, and how a good writer - like T&L and, indeed, all of you - can incorporate the reader in the process of discovery.

The intimacy of small numbers is nice, but we could always do with just one or two more. So why not join in with our Sepia Saturday adventure this week and open up a new discussion. Sign up to the Linky List with a link to your post.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Alan, I hope I have done everything correctly to join in with Sepia Saturday! I have had a lot of fun going through our family's old photos and even found a few surprises along the way.

tony said...

I'm Early This Week, For A Change!

Unknown said...

Likely folks are summer busy and on vacations....but I made it here again this week. Right not so many to review but each is enjoyable.

Paul C said...

I am enjoying your Sepia Saturday invitation and hope to join in several weeks. Most interesting submissions.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hi Alan, It is fun to dwell a little in the past and to recall our kin from time to time. It is true if the memes get to big, the individuality to the comments get lost. Anyway here I am again trying to give a glimpse of my family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Alan for your fine commentary on how Sepia Saturday can bring up discussions and as one said find photos and surprises in our old photos. I have a great time every week looking up things to write about. I love it.
QMM

Vicki Lane said...

Back after a little hiatus! Looking forward to reading the other posts!

Bruno Laliberté said...

my sepia saturday is not so sepia this week, but it's old, almost as much as i am... that should give you some clue.
:)~
HUGZ

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello Alan, As usual its lovely to be a part of the action in memories of the past.

Alan Burnett said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. My own Sepia 32 is now up

Tattered and Lost said...

Again I dig into the mysterious Big Bag of Negs to see what I can find.

Sean Bentley said...

It's been a busy month what with graduations and such, but glad to get back in the sepia swing with a series of vintage advertisements with personal connections!

urban muser said...

I love this idea. Hope to participate more in the future. I linked a post I did from last week, hope that's OK. See you again soon.