Thursday 13 June 2024

Sepia Saturday 728 : 15 June 2024

 


The nearest we seem to get to a busy market day these days is when there is too much on-line traffic when you are trying to get on the Amazon site. Once upon a time, streets were full of stalls, carts, shoppers - and the occasional horse: those were busy times. Our Busy Times monthly theme continues with this image of a market day in Ireland. You can join in by posting an old image - on theme, off theme or whatever - on or around Saturday 15th June 2024 and adding a link to the list below. Whilst you are browsing the stalls, take a look at what is still to come in these busy times.





8 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Hither & Yon = Italy, England, Wales, Scotland, Alaska, & California!

Barbara Rogers said...

A clue that leads exactly to what I spend a morning a week doing...marketplace!

ScotSue said...

A look back at history with crowds drawn to the Hiring Fairs in Earlston Market Square in the Scottish Borders.

Peter said...

Busy airports and more.

Peter said...

@La Nightingail I am unable to use the comment form in your post. So ...
I am glad there are no rattlesnakes here in Holland! Looking at the picture of the snake I understand why your daughter did not see it. What a perfect camouflage! Fortunately, she has recovered (and can teach her pupils to be careful).

Mike Brubaker said...

I have two photos that match the viewpoint of our theme image, if not the subject. Just a little bit musical.

DawnTreader said...

Haven't been keeping up with my family history research lately (or Sepia Saturday!); but putting in a link now to my other blog. It's graduation weekend in Sweden - always a busy time of year, and this year for me also 50 years since my own graduation from high school/upper secondary school... (DawnTreader/Monica)

ScotSue said...

To Dawn - I have trouble signing into the Google Request and just get returned to the post itself. So I could only comment here - good to see you on Sepia Saturday and read of your graduation traditions and ceremonies. Here in the UK there was nothing when I left school, nor my daughter. But the UK eventually caught up - I will find out more in two years time when my granddaughter reaches that landmark in life. (From Scotsue)