Thursday 11 August 2022

Sepia Saturday 634 : 13 August 2022


Digging through old photographs, looking for clues as to place, time or person, sifting for details that will illuminate a story - lovers of old photographs are a bit like archeologists - dealing with pictures rather than places. Our theme image this week is just a detail of a larger image, one I cut out of a magazine many moons ago. Sadly, I have lost the details of who took the photograph, but it is masterful. I've added a little colour and focussed on just three faces: I like to think of them as three faces in search of a back story. I could say that this week, on Sepia Saturday, we are celebrating how images can help us find stories - but that is what we do every week on Sepia Saturday. So bring along any image you like, bring along any story - and add it to the Sepia Saturday Collection. Post you post, add a link and away we go. 

Next week we will be in search of more stories and more images and if you need a prompt - here it is.



6 comments:

Monica T. said...

Trying to date a photo of my great-aunt Gerda in her 'old age', wearing a medal.

Barbara Rogers said...

Some interesting photos from our local historical society...of loading passengers on a train near where I live, which was going from NC to Denver.

Anonymous said...

Alan's description of his prompt photo seemed like a good idea to look back at the back story I've been trying to piece together.

La Nightingail said...

Hallelujah, I'm back online and able to get here to post!!! :)

Mike Brubaker said...

I'm using the theme to feature some rare portraits of unknown musicians.

Kristin said...

I had just written up a photo I thought deserved some attention when I came over here and saw the theme and thought I would share here. I may have shared the same photo some years ago on Sepia Saturday but I didn't share any information!