Thursday 5 November 2020

Sepia Saturday 545 : 7th November 2020


We have now reached the letter M in our sepia alphabet. M is for money, morning, mist, marmalade and men. M is also for machines and our theme image this week features a girl working on a sewing machine in the Netherlands in the 1920s. So look out your M themed old photographs - or, indeed, any old photographs - and link them to the list below on or around Saturday 7th November 2020. Whilst you are waiting for your new pair of shoes to be finished, take a look at what the next two letters in the sepia alphabet have to offer.



6 comments:

Molly's Canopy said...

M is for mourning: My dad's Uncle Albert succumbs to the 1918 influenza.

La Nightingail said...

M is for making many different things on many different machines!

Barbara Rogers said...

An old image, and a story of a shoe-maker ancestor!

Bob Scotney said...

M is for Mendelssohn but not the musician.

Anonymous said...

I have been too wrapped up in election news and other things to do my due diligence to Jesse Bryan, so I'm recycling an old post (that I had not used for Sepia Saturday) about my grandmother's sewing machine.

Mike Brubaker said...

This weekend I pick up the machine theme with a set of photographs of unusual musicians.