Tuesday 22 September 2020

Sepia Saturday 539 : Saturday 26 September 2020


As you may have worked out, I am doing the alphabet thing again (after putter theme images together for ten years, you need some artificial stimulus!). So last week was F (for fire) and this week is G for groups. The group in question is a photograph with a caption on the reverse which reads "Sidney and the Gand, Christmas 1954, British Army on the Rhine". The Sidney in question is the happy smiling chap in the centre of this particular group, and is also my wife's cousin. It's a typical throw-away group photo, but it is full of life and drama and history. The pints of beer, the couple kissing, the looks on the faces of the young men a long way away from home, it's a classic of its type.

Sepia Saturday 539 (post your posts on or around Saturday 26 September 2020) gives you an opportunity to feature your group classics. Simply post your posts and add a link to the list below. And whilst I have you all here, grouped together, let me show you what H and I will bring:-






7 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Love in all its many forms.

Mike Brubaker said...

I went for the social distancing real-close harmony theme. Musical, of course. And a real Musical too.

Wendy said...

My father-in-law in high school

Barbara Rogers said...

The philosophy of a comedian, as well as more on plastics!

virginiaallain said...

My dad and his brother having a good time in the 1950s.

Molly's Canopy said...

The groups my paternal grandfather and his brother Uncle Albert worked with performing alternative service during WWI.

Anonymous said...

I'm late! I hope you will stop by. Went on with my flu stories and an army connection.