Monday 8 June 2015

Sepia Saturday 283 : 13 June 2015


Our Sepia Saturday theme image this week shows a group of construction workers celebrating the completion of a railway tunnel on the Irish rail network. It might prompt you to dig into your own photographic archives and come up with photographs of tunnels, construction projects, or dates carved into the stonework. It might also prompt you to share some other image which you feel is connected in one way or another to the theme image. All you have to do is to post your post on or around Saturday 13th June and then link your post to the list below. But before you start the sepia project, take a look at what is around the next bend in the lines.


But for now just concentrate on Sepia Saturday 283 and before too long I am sure you will see a sepia light at the end of the tunnel.





19 comments:

ScotSue said...

Very much on time this week with the story of my local railway line 1863-1965.

Barbara Rogers said...

Tunnels have it in my neighborhood! Just the ones on the blue Ridge Parkway.

Jofeath said...

The light at the end of the tunnel can sometimes be a very welcome sight!

Little Nell said...

A construction project in the city of my birth, and in which my grandfather was involved.

La Nightingail said...

I got a lotta tunnels! :->

Brett Payne said...

I can do this one.

Wendy said...

Going underground at my alma mater. Bring a flashlight.

Unknown said...

Bridge construction, 1876-style!

DougVernX said...

My tunnel isn't as big as your tunnel. :(

Postcardy said...

My tunnel is in the midst of spectacular scenery.

Alex Daw said...

Bit tricky for me this week...but see what you think.

Bruno Laliberté said...

Despite insomnia and a headache...
since I had mentioned I'd write something,
here's a "little something" totally Canadian,
with an English twist, and an Irish connection.
Even though I hadn't published in a while,
looks like I haven't lost the touch...
;)

21 Wits said...

Your photo for this theme is very delightful, but reading, seeing, hearing and knowing about construction for the moment must be dealt with in a positive fashion for me right now! So see how one can so to speak, dress up construction fashionably!

Mike Brubaker said...

I've been otherwise occupied these past couple of weekends, so I have something off-topic by way of a tribute to a good friend.

Sean Bentley said...

Unusually, I have two, very different, posts this week. One a purely visual fantasy, one primarily an audio epiphany, and both actually involving tunnels!

Nancy said...

I posted very early this morning (Saturday) and when I checked later in the day, only two people (only one from Sepia Saturday) had left a comment. Just now I realized that I hadn't linked my post! I'm succumbing to theme posts....

Boobook said...

I don't have any sepia tunnel photos and almost went off-topic but decided to post coloured tunnels instead.

Barbara Rogers said...

Dear Sepia administrator: I don't know how to contact you any other way. My former blog that was being posted to Sepia was absorbed by another one of my blogs, so can you please remove "When I was 69" and keep this one, from which I post to Sepia every week- http://blackmtnbarb.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

Sean Bentley said...

Hmm "Cranium bolts" doesn't seem to have much to do with tunnels! Spam?