Friday 19 July 2019

Sepia Saturday 479, 20th July 2019


Now here's a thought. What is going on in this photograph? Why is there a double bass leaning against the side of a tent? Why is there someone kissing a girl? What is on the mind of the chap in the striped jumper? Perhaps the most troubling thought of all is, how can it be that a photograph from the 1980s is now history! Whatever thoughts come into your mind when you view this week's Sepia Saturday prompt, link them to one of your old photographs, include it in a post, and post your post on or around Saturday 20th July 2019 and add a link to the list below.

And if you have time for a second thought, take a look at next week's Sepia Saturday prompt.



6 comments:

Molly's Canopy said...

Picking up on the couple in this photo, my post is about my ggg grandfather Zebulon Blakeslee’s second marriage in 1867.

La Nightingail said...

How to live life in a tent or yurt or teepee or what have you!

Mike Brubaker said...

I have very few photos of tents, so, as might be expected, I'll go with the string bass theme.

virginiaallain said...

Sorry to miss out this week. I just couldn't come up with anything relating to the inspiration photo.

Barbara Rogers said...

Didn't have time to get a blog on this prompt, since it wasn't up till late in the week. I don't have time on Fri or Sat to write a blog. Wish I knew what those 3 gentlemen in their awful swim suits were all about, but I'll start looking in my files early this week for something. Sorry to miss posting this week, as I love hearing your comments.

La Nightingail said...

A friendly suggestion: I'm thinking if the prompt for the coming Saturday were put up sooner - say around Wednesday - there might be a few more participants? Especially in the summer. If there was a chance to post our entries earlier, folks going off for the weekend or on vacation would have a chance to post their Sepia Sat. entries before they left instead of having to wait till the last minute when it might be too late to participate? Would that be possible - to set things up for posting around the middle of the week? I know participation is dwindling, but this idea might help - maybe? Might be worth a try. :)