Tuesday 18 April 2017

Sepia Saturday 364 - 22nd April 2017



This week we are featuring another image from the online collection of glass negatives held by Sutton Archives and featured on their "Past On Glass" webpage. The theme prompt features a 1907 school sports day at Carshalton Convent and may give rise to a variety of interpretations. Whichever interpretation you adopt, post a post featuring one of your old photographs on or around Saturday 22nd April 2017 and link it to the list below.

Before you start leap-frogging to the starting line of the egg and spoon race, you might want to take a look at the next two themes for Sepia Saturday.






8 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I keep missing Sepia Saturday because I leave my post until the weekend and then other things get in the way. So, this week I am early in the starting blocks and quick off the mark - hoping to make up for a disappointing sporting childhood.

ScotSue said...

My life in uniform - at work and play.

Wendy said...

I poked around into the life of a tennis player, a college friend of my grandaunt Velma.

La Nightingail said...

I went 'outside the box' for this one. :) Actually, I suppose you could say I went 'inside the box' in a manner of speaking . . .

Mike Brubaker said...

This theme turned out to be a perfect opportunity to show off one of the more curious photos in my collection. Musical sports and yet feminine too.

Unknown said...

Not many sports shots -- but umbrellas?

Little Nell said...

I used the prompt image and others in the Flickr album.

Barbara Rogers said...

Posting on Saturday this time! Some of the costumes (if you will) of women athletes.