Tuesday 19 July 2016

Sepia Saturday 340 : 23 July 2016


I don't know about you but I am feeling tired. It's time to take to my bed. Time to soak up that 1930s style. Our Sepia Saturday theme image this week is an old picture postcard. The description on the Sepia Saturday Flickr Group page reads as follows:

"A picture postcard dating probably from the 1930s of a bedroom at the Hotel Imperial in Ostend, Belgium. Perhaps the date can be pinned down by an example of the then rates: "Pension a parter de fr 110". The decor does seem to be the kind of style popular in the 1930s. The flowered wallpaper is particularly notable".

Just decide which theme you want to follow - or follow none at all - and post your posts on or around Saturday 23 July 2016. Here is a reminder of the next couple of theme images:


You may have noticed that the number of participants in Sepia Saturday has fallen recently. Marilyn and I will put our heads together and post something on the blog in terms of the future. If you have any ideas or suggestions, let us know.





12 comments:

Jofeath said...

Early this week because my post is a tribute relating to the 100th anniversary of the battle of Fromelles.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

The lumpy beds in the photo made me happy to be at home and sleeping on my Sleep Number bed in complete comfort.

Wendy said...

A mystery photo with beds

Barbara Rogers said...

I had some dressing tables pop into my mind!

Mike Brubaker said...

Hotel beds are not part of my collection, so I went with twins. Musical of course.

Kerryn Taylor said...

A picture postcard from my grandmother's album

Little Nell said...

Old fashioned bedrooms.

Tattered and Lost said...

A similar but not so grand room.

La Nightingail said...

These crazy rooms are perfect for your "Bucket List"

DougVernX said...

A bit late. Beds within.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Late as always - sleeping zum Fass

Jenny Woolf said...

I know it's called Sepia Saturday but I can't help wishing it was in colour. That style could have such wonderful colours. I once lived in a flat which had last been redecorated in about 1930 and the wallpaper was absolutely beautiful. If there was any way I could have stripped it off and taken it with me when I left, I would!