Monday 14 June 2010

Sepia Saturday Week 28

I am full of apologies tonight. My first is that this call is going up so early - the sun has hardly set on Sepia Saturday 27 and here I am pestering you to take part in Sepia Saturday 28 (19 June 2010). My second apology is that I will not be able to take part in Sepia 28 myself because - as I mentioned last week - we hit the road first thing tomorrow morning and we will not be back until the 20th June. And because I have been so busy trying to remember what I need to pack, my third apology is that I have not had time to do my normal tour of Sepia posts. On my return I will visit all the blogs and catch up on the Sepia 27 and Sepia 28 posts.

But I have managed to have a quick look at quite a few of the Sepia 27 posts and I have to say what a pleasure it is to welcome new members to our little group. Reading first-time Sepia poster, Natasha, - see Today's Gift - I was struck by the way we all delight in the same mysteries, the same types of observations, and the same unanswered questions. They are all part of the joy of old photographs, and Natasha's investigation of the photograph of the woman who is probably her Great Grandfathers' sister sums up the process so very well. Our usual warm welcome to new members joining in with Sepia 28 and welcome back to all our old friends. New or old, all you need do is to link your Sepia 28 post using the Linky List below. I look forward to seeing all your posts on my return home.

17 comments:

Nancy said...

Wherever you're going, Alan, I hope you have a pleasant and safe journey.

Natasha and Jesse said...

What a pleasant surprise. Thank you! I look forward to participating in future Sepia Saturday posts. And have fun on your trip!

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Have a great trip...enjoy and keep safe.

Anonymous said...

Rewarding journey to you! With best wishes Leena

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my link is now twice, perhaps I was clicking it twice, I am really sorry!

Unknown said...

No apologies necessary.....after this week we will be off agiin and I may miss posting for a couple weeks as we RV south....but for now I made it! Hope you had a fabulous trip!!

Nana Jo said...

Hope you're having a lovely holiday, Alan! You've been missed this week out here in the blogosphere.

Kat Mortensen said...

I will be a bit late today; it was my anniversary yesterday and I didn't get a chance to post. It's very early here right now. I'll catch you later!

Unknown said...

Like Kat, I'm running late--but the post is up now!

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage and be safe. See you when you get back. You got this set up just right.
QMM

L. D. said...

Have a great trip. Your sepia Saturday clan will still be here when you get back. Thanks for all your work on getting this up and running week after week.

Kat Mortensen said...

Unlike John, I don't think I'll be able to do it this week after all - World Cup stuff is taking over. Denmark plays today! Catch you next week though.

Natasha and Jesse said...

I was running late, but I did post.

neetzy said...

I think if I manage to post on a Saturday it is "on-time". Please don't apologize Alan! You give me a reason to play with my old photos! I love Sepia Saturday. Hope you have a safe trip.

tony said...

Im late! But Ive arrived!

Tattered and Lost said...

Today I have posted two sweet young girls from the early 20th century. No information available about them. Just the name of the photography studio.

Tattered and Lost said...

I just realized my link never showed up which is a shame because I had two lovely young girls dressed in their finest. I've posted the link again hoping this time it goes through.