Tuesday 30 October 2012

No S.O.S. required!

NOT Alan and Isobel!
(original image borrowed from Flickr)




Dear Members: Yesterday, I took it upon myself to contact the "S.S. Azura" via e-mail, to ensure that our beloved host, Alan and his GLW are indeed ship-shape, and have not been adversely affected by hurricane, "Sandy". I expressed our concern as a group, for their welfare and I am delighted to report that I have had a response this morning. To wit:

Hi Kat,
Your kind message has just been passed onto me by the ship's reception. We are all fine and by now we are on our way back across the Atlantic and well out of harms way. We were really touched by your message; it once again illustrates what a real community Sepia Saturday is. Internet connection is dreadfully slow and intermittent and frighteningly expensive so could I possibly ask whether you could put a message on the SS Blog and Facebook Page assuring all that we are safe and well and extending all of our good wishes to all those who are facing the perils of the weather at the moment.

Alan and Isobel




THE S.S. AZURA, LEAVING SOUTHAMPTON WITH ALAN AND ISOBEL ON IT!

8 comments:

Wibbo said...

Thanks for relaying the message Kat.

21 Wits said...

You are an angel for contacting them! So happy they are fine and out of harms way...you just never know about these storms!

Christine H. said...

Thanks so much. We were indeed wondering.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear all is well...

Peter said...

I wasn't aware they were anywhere near sandy. Good to hear the ship and all of its passengers and crew are ok!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...



Glad all is fine!

Meri said...

Glad to know all is well with Alan and his bride.

L. D. said...

I am glad that they are doing fine.